Students at Retford Post 16 Centre have a planned program of CEIAG, in accordance with the Department for Education’s Careers Guidance and Inspiration in Schools guidelines (April 2014). The program ensures all students have opportunities to recognise their own strengths and values and take responsibility for developing employability skills.
- access to on site impartial careers advice
- offer of a 1:1 careers interview
- opportunities to have conversations with employers and working people
- inspirational talks, motivational speakers, employers, colleges, university input
- guidance to produce a CV and covering letter, personal statement and UCAS applications
- opportunities to visit careers fairs, and further/higher education providers
- Unifrog accounts
Impartial careers advice is available from Maggi Pugh, Advice and Guidance Lead Practitioner, who is based at the Post 16 Centre most Wednesday and Friday mornings: she can be found in the office at reception.
A break time open access drop-in clinic is also operational most Wednesdays in the careers guidance room, which is located upstairs next to the common room.
Should you require further information or have any queries regarding CEIAG, please contact Maggi Pugh at mpugh@retfordP16.org or complete a self-referral form.