Why study hair and media makeup?
This is a course for those wishing to pursue a career in the makeup industry, developing a wide range of creative and practical skills.
What will I study?
- Eyelash and brow treatments
- Body art design
- Skin tanning techniques
- Makeup application
- Art of photographic makeup
- Period makeup
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Hair styling
- Dressing hair and making a hair addition
- Anatomy and physiology
- Research skills
- Health and safety
- English and maths (where applicable)
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by a range of methods, including assignments, external assessments and practical observation.
Future pathways and careers
- Theatrical and Media Makeup Level 3
- Makeup artist on film sets, or in the theatre
- Employment at a makeup company
- GCSE at grade D or above, or equivalent
- Successful completion of an interview with a course tutor
- Excellent communication skills and commitment to the programme
- Flexibility to work on location in the evenings and weekends